Saturday 12 July 2014

3 Days Till Adulthood; A Post Series - Post Three: Amnesty International

Dear all,

In the first post of this series, I spoke of one of my passions which I said I would talk about later, that passion is for the law, specifically within the realms of human rights and the extension of that is my passion for the charity Amnesty International. Over the past two years I have been running my schools Amnesty International group, furthering that to my participation in the AI UK Youth Advisory Group for the past year.

I have always been a supporter of Amnesty's work, but it was only when a member of their organisation came and spoke to us at school, that I realised I wanted to help make a change in the world. In the past I think I mentioned of my desire to study law, and the fact that I love public speaking and that I am often very passionate about causes I believe in.

The combination of all of my passions has lead me to believe I am truly able to make a difference and help defend the human rights of the world's people, even if it is just by sending a letter or signing my name on a petition. The smallest things really are worth it when you hear you are able to lift the spirits of someone in pain, all the way to the time you hear that the international spotlight has saved a life and you were part of that.

My future hope is to carry on my work for Amnesty in as many ways that I can. I do hope that I can be of use to them as an organisation and continue to draw attention to human rights abuses that go often unnoticed around the world, and to be able to defend those who suffer unjustly, in the hope of them obtaining justice in the end.

I wish you all to find something you are passionate about, and that it guides you to become to be the person you wish to be.

All the best,

Amber xx♥

Links:
Amnesty International UK
Amnesty International