Sunday 13 July 2014

2 Days Till Aduthood; A Post Series - Post Four: Quotes

Hey again,

I have a whiteboard at the end of my bed which hasn't been white for a while, because it contains my favourite quotes. I have also been collecting some on my Goodreads page where it is really easy to collect them and store them in a list. N.B. None of these are lyrics, I feel I should do a separate post for them.

Some of these are so inspirational, and are able to lift me from a bad mood, or brighten a sunny day.

I am going to post my top ten below, but in truth I have more than that and this could go on for ages, (if you want to see more search for me on Goodreads - Ambsg) so here is my top ten:
  1. "I don't care what you think about me, I don't think about you at all." - Coco Chanel
  2. "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe
  3. "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Bernard M. Baruch
  4. "You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on Earth." - William W. Purkey
  5. "I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." - Sarah Williams
  6. "Be the change that you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi
  7. "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." - Robert Frost
  8. "Friendship is born at that moment when one man says to another: "What! You too? I thought that no one but myself..." - C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves
  9. "Creativity is intelligence having fun." - Albert Einstein
  10. "You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough" - Mae West
Anyway I hope you enjoyed these,

All the best,
Luv,
Amber xx♥