Thursday 25 September 2014

Music is a wonderful thing...

Hi all,

So a few days ago I was busting out a bit of Whitney Houston whilst making my parents a frankly delicious dinner, and I realised I have a really weird music taste, so I thought I would write a bit about it in this blog. Disclaimer - this is the highlights, I cannot write about it all unless I was writing a novel, I may do a part two at some point.

My music taste cannot be put into a category, I love a wide range of music and yet there is still some things that really piss me off (including but not exclusive to club music where they play the first line of an epic song - then drop the bass and stop the lyrics - angry amber lol).

Lets begin with the ladies: Taylor Swift seems to write my romantic life in song, I am really hoping it picks up as some of the songs are too realistic to my life its surreal. Whitney listening to her today was awesome, her range is just wow and the fact she sounds just as great in a remix as she does on the base track is frankly amazing - check out a remix of I Will Always Love You if you are a fan. Britney Spears you are a goddess, although I haven't loved her music as much of late and her early stuff will always be my favourite...Hit Me Baby One More Time <3. Gaga, the Queen, The Fame Monster, BTW, Artpop, need I go on, her voice is incredible and man can she write a catchy dance track just as epic as a ballad. I need to stop this at some point but I couldn't leave out Amy Winehouse as I have never listened to a more incredible album than Back to Black, I don't think anyone will ever be able to match her raw emotion and unbelievable talent, I am always sad that the world will not hear another album from her, she is sorely missed.

From ladies to lads I guess: I will start with the legend that is Jeff Buckley, man thank you for recording the hauntingly beautiful Hallelujah and the perfect The Last Goodbye, two songs that will never leave me. Bruno Mars, not only are you the best to see live, but all of your albums are fab, and please keep writing catchy songs because things like Natalie and Treasure are what make me smile. John Legend, All of Me is one of my favourite songs ever, enough said. Bryan Adams, Summer of '69 is a feel-good tune that even though I wasn't born then makes me wish I was :) also When You're Gone is one of the coolest songs ever written and I am glad you got sporty spice to sing on it. Ed Sheeran, + & x = some of the best pop songs ever written, Thinking Out Loud is also an incredibly moving song which I hugely love. Enrique, sing Hero to me in Spanish anytime... need I say more? Finally Justin Timberlake, have you ever written a bad song? I cannot pick an album I love the most out of Senorita and What Goes Around/Comes Around - they are both musically genius.

Bands wise there is a huuuge list, Maroon 5 and The Script are both beyond epic, I need their new albums in my life. The Black Crowes are by far the most chilled rock band I have ever seen play (carpet anyone? lol) Lawson, I love your first album, please can I have a new one soon and not your old one repackaged. I love Backstreet Boys, Five and N'SYNC, yes I have an appreciation for 90's boy bands - sorry, not sorry. The Killers, Mr. Brightside = best rock out song ever written. The Goo Goo Dolls, Iris is one of those songs music will forever be grateful for. Nickelback, I still love you, you remind me of a lot (sorry for the pun). The Darkness and the Jonas Brothers, thank you for being my first two concerts (in that order)  and finally to The Stereophonics, well when a guy sung Dakota on holiday I was the happiest girl alive, it's the perfect summer tune. 


Wow that was a lot,

I hope you all see why I said it was a long list, that's not even all of it,

Anyway speak soon,
Lots of love,
Amber xx♥